The Music Makers Level I is a class for ages 3 – 4, with the purpose of giving children a chance to sing, move, listen to music, and develop some early music literacy concepts such as rhythm, beat, and melody. All of this happens in a friendly, fun atmosphere.
The Music Makers I is not a performing group.
Music Makers Level II, for ages 5 and 6 (Kindergarten and Grade 1), is a continuation of the Level I class, with greater emphasis on choral singing skills, as preparation for entrance into the junior choir. This group performs once or twice in the year as part of the Children’s Choir season.
Aislyn Rickard, Program Coordinator
Dates and Times:
- Two semesters: Sep. 21 – Dec. 7 & Jan. 11 – May 9
- Level 1 (Ages 3 and 4): weekly rehearsals on Thursdays from 4:45PM – 5:25PM
- Level 2 (Ages 5 – Grade 1): weekly rehearsals on Thursdays from 5:30PM – 6:10PM, PLUS two Saturday workshops, and concerts on Dec. 9 and May 11
Crescent Heights Baptist Church at 1212 1 Street NW – Calgary
(the choir has no religious affiliations)
- No mandatory fundraising.
- New choristers are accepted in September and January.
If you have questions or would like to register your child, please contact our business manager, Laura Stuart here, or by telephone: (403) 210-3499